- Delicious Chocolate Crackles – Easy RecipePosted 1 month ago
- Key Lime Pie – Easy RecipePosted 1 month ago
- Two Quick Magic Cheese RecipesPosted 1 month ago
- Normal Hair Loss vs. Balding of Many TypesPosted 1 month ago
- Grey Hair – Causes and Home RemediesPosted 1 month ago
- Defeating the Cancer Battle before It’s Even Started with Early ScreeningPosted 1 month ago
- Get Rid Of Man Boobs With These StepsPosted 1 month ago
- How to Make Amazing Vegan NachosPosted 2 months ago
- Strawberry Shortcake – Easy RecipePosted 2 months ago
- What to Know About Ectopic Pregnancy?Posted 2 months ago
Healthy 7-layer Salad
Are you looking for a salad that is quick, easy and delicious? Then give this seven-layer salad a try. This salad is a perfect salad for family reunions, pitch-in meals, dinner parties, etc. Since it needs to refrigerate overnight, this is the perfect make-ahead item. Have more time with your family and friends by having your salad made in advance. And it is sooo good. Everyone will enjoy it and it is perfect for your diabetic family and friends. There’s no need to worry about having a special salad for the diabetics or special dressings, etc. This salad is a good choice for all.
7 LAYER SALAD
1 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/2 chopped mild or sweet onion
1 box frozen peas
6 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
6 slices crisp fried bacon, crumbled
1 pkg low-fat Ranch Dressing mix
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
In a clear salad bowl, layer the following ingredients in this order: lettuce, bell pepper, onion, frozen peas and eggs. In a small mixing bowl, mix together the Ranch Dressing mix, mayonnaise and yogurt. Add atop the layers in bowl. Add cheese and bacon. Cover tightly with a lid or aluminum foil, plastic wrap, etc. Refrigerate overnight before serving. An oblong or rectangle tupperware or rubbermaid type dish with the seal lid is perfect for this recipe, especially if you are going to transport the salad.
If you don’t want to use onion, replace it with a layer of small cauliflower florets.
Note: This is a good salad choice for diabetics because it has eggs, bacon, and dairy products all incorporated in it. This gives a protein balance to the carbs.