- 5 Great Exercise Workouts to Lose WeightPosted 3 days ago
- Is It Really Worth Trying To Get Rid Of Belly Fat?Posted 3 days ago
- How To Cure Acne Skin Scars NaturallyPosted 2 weeks ago
- How Serious Are Bee Pollen Allergies ?Posted 2 weeks ago
- Pollen allergy symptomsPosted 2 weeks ago
- All About Bee Pollen AllergiesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Tips To Keep Your Mouth HealthyPosted 2 weeks ago
- Quit Smoking: Nicotine Relapse Prevention And RecoveryPosted 2 weeks ago
- How to control DiabetesPosted 2 weeks ago
- 6 Exercises to help your knees stay pain-freePosted 1 month ago
Low-fat Homemade Salad Dressing Recipes, Sugar-free
The following are a group of very tasty homemade salad dressings that are quick, easy, and healthy. Perfect for diabetics and dieters, too.
DIJON-LEMON VINAIGRETTE SALAD DRESSING
3 tbsp water
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
Combine all ingredients in a jar and cover tightly. Shake jar vigorously to mix ingredients well. Store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Per a 1 tbsp serving: 25 cal, 1 g carbs, 0 protein
Variations: Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette: Use 1/4 cup of the above recipe and add 2 tablespoons minced cilantro and 1 tablespoon lime juice.
Lemon Caper Vinaigrette: Use 2 tablespoons of the Dijon-Lemon Vinaigrette and add the following: 2 tablespoons reduced fat mayonnaise, 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind, 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, 1 1/2 teaspoons capers, drained, 1/8 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper. This is good over a green salad that is topped with grilled chicken or tuna.
LOW-FAT HOMEMADE THOUSAND ISLAND SALAD DRESSING
1/4 cup nonfat buttermilk
1 tbsp fat-free mayonnaise
1 tbsp chopped dill pickle
1 tbsp catsup
1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
1/8 tsp seasoned salt
In a small mixing bowl, combine yogurt, buttermilk, and mayonnaise, stirring until blended. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate. Serve after thoroughly chilled.
Yield: Approximately 3/4 cup
1 serving of 2 tablespoons = 34 cal, 3 g carbs, 1 g protein
LIME VINIAGRETTE DRESSING:
1/4 cup finely chopped tomato
1 tbsp vinegar (I prefer cider vinegar)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp lime juice
1/2 tsp lime zest
1 garlic cloved, minced
dash of salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/4 tsp chili powder
In a food processor or blender, combine the dressing ingredients. Place lid on container and process until you have a smooth dressing. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.